Tuesday, October 19, 2010

IN RESISTANCE TO THE HOUR OF POWER

Tick, tick, tick, tick, the seconds lick by like caliburs rotating in a loading gun . . . For hours, I am waiting, for days, going on years, I wait, because what else can I do? They have taken all of my power, to break me, like a beast.

I shall not be brokend, hall not let them rip the very soul from within, tick, tick, tick, tick. I no longer respect my homeland, the standards that had made it great, taken, like the most precious of stones sometime in the night, while we were all sleeping in a stupor of apathy and self-indulgence.

Tick, tick, tick, tick, I listen as freedom slowly ticks away, second by second, to men of Napoleonic egoes, thinking they know best, forgetting one's forefather fortuned by bootlegging, another, working in a mail room.

Tick, tick, tick, tick day by day OUR greatness slips one more rung.

No comments: